Sunday, January 7, 2018

2018 Begins

9 years later....

Many attempts, many failures. Though I have a healthy heart and great cholesterol.

2016 was the year of the trainer. Marc and I signed up for a personal trainer. Twice a week for 30 minutes each. After 3 sessions, Marc bailed and it was up to me to fulfill the contract.

My trainer, Misgna at LA Fitness was wonderful. He worked with me. He pushed me. He got me to do some embarrassing moves. While I did not see any weight loss, I definitely gained muscle and my pants were slightly looser. WIN!!

BUT... I really want that damn scale to move. Everything in me screams for the scale to go down. I'm not unrealistic. With 0% body fat, I would weight 150 lbs. That is not my goal. My true goal is to be pre 1st baby. I started my weight gain journey weighing 205 lbs. My "the stars aligned" goal would be 190 lbs, but I think genetics and age will fight me on that.

2017 led me to Orange Theory. Loved those workouts. It was like being with the trainer for 1/3 of the price and I could go 5 days a week. Which I did. I was a work out machine.

Still no weight loss. Just a stronger heart and great cholesterol levels. With a big ass.

If I change nothing else this year, I want to reduce the size of my hips and belly so that I am comfortable on an airplane. I hate that my hip pushes up the armrest between myself and the poor sap in the middle seat. My only consolation is that I lean into the window to give them space and I read quietly, plus I smell good. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment