Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 4

I'm hoping I will hit my writing groove and these will become more witty, but for now.. I'm proud that I am getting the work done and keeping myself accountable.

Day 4 of my 30 day March challenge was Thurs, Mar 3rd. I met my friend at the gym and we stretched before working out. We completed 40 minutes on the treadmill (I was 3.5 mph at a 2-3% incline). My hips are hurting today. 

My friend was meeting her friend at 11am for lunch so I said good-bye and stayed at the gym. Yep, I stayed to finish my workout. I am loving the gym.

I did:
Abs:
crunches - 3 sets of 10 with 80 pounds
side twists - 3 sets of 20 with 50 pounds


Bicep curls - 3 sets of 10 with 30 pounds
Triceps - 3 sets of 12 with 30 pounds
Shoulder press (to the sides) - 3 sets of 10 with 35 pounds


I'm trying to find the weight that makes me exhausted at the end of the 30th rep. I know that means it's not too light and not too heavy. My arms feel the burn, but not enough pain to discourage me from the next workout.


My day 5 workout will be on Saturday. I will be a great workout (especially after the crap I ate today). Hopefully I can make it to the store afterwards to pick up a new pair of shoes and some new t-shirts for my workouts.


This is the new me. I am healthy and happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment